West London Track & Field is a professional, dynamic training environment - dedicated to catering for athletes committed to becoming the best they can be.
We are seeking a passionate, dedicated, and enthusiastic Pole Vault coach to lead on the coaching of our two development Pole Vault squads.
Pole Vault Coach
Predominantly Brunel University, Uxbridge, London
Open until filled
We are seeking a dynamic, enthusiastic Pole Vault coach to join our staff at West London Track & Field.
Our ideal candidate will have a passion for learning, be inspired by the thought of working within an integrated coaching team, and be dedicated to their own personal and professional development. None of our coaches work in isolation. You must therefore be able to effectively work in a team coaching environment, and be happy to both give and receive input on your coaching practice from our coaches and medical support teams.
Our new Pole Vault Coach will be leading on the development of our ‘Bronze’ and ‘Silver’ Squads. The athletes in these groups range from age 14 to 19, and are enthusiastic young pole vaulters, dedicated to improving in an event they are passionate about. The ideal candidate will be equally passionate and engaging in their leadership of these squads.
There are two potential avenues for employment:
1. Qualified Coach of Pole Vault
Coaches who are licensed and insured would be tasked with taking the Lead on Coaching a group of developing athletes, in co-ordination and frequent contact with the Lead Pole Vault Coach.
2. Apprentice Coach of Pole Vault
Exceptionally motivated candidates, or coaches currently working towards a UKA qualification will be considered. In this instance, we will provide in house training and mentorship, but the Coach will need to attain UKA certification in order to be licensed and insured to coach independently on a paid basis.
If you are a coach or aspiring coach with a background in speed / power events / Physical Preparation rather than Pole Vault, but are genuinely passionate about coaching this event, we would be interested to hear from you. This is not necessarily a disadvantage for the right candidate.
Pay for each of these roles will be commensurate with experience, and discussed at interview. Pay would be on a consultancy basis, paid monthly. This role is a part-time role, and is not suitable for someone seeking a role which will provide their only source of income.
This position has non-standard hours including evenings and weekends, as follows:
· 4.45pm – 7.15pm Tuesday
· 5.15pm - 8.30pm Thursday
· 9am – 1pm Saturday
Candidates would need to be able to attend pre-defined competitions, by agreement, during competition periods. This would be in place of weekend training sessions. Owning a car, and the ability to drive is therefore essential.
Areas of Responsibility
Directly reporting to our Lead Pole Vault Coach, and other members of our coaching staff as agreed, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Delivering in the coaching of technical Pole Vault sessions
· Developing, and assisting in the development of training programmes
· Assisting with competition preparation and management
· Being present at key, agreed competitions for in-competition coaching
· Equipment management
· Taking an active role in the promotion of the work of WLTF via online and interpersonal channels.
Essential role requirements
· Excellent oral and written English communication skills
· Full UK driving license
· Full DBS enhanced disclosure
· Relevant professional or academic qualifications in Sports, Sports Science, Teaching or similar
· An understanding of the technical, tactical, and physical requirements of Pole Vault
· Passionate interest in Pole Vault and Coaching
· UKA or equivalent coaching certification, or the ability to achieve this within 6 months
· Sports Science or related degree
· Strength & Conditioning experience and/or certification
To apply for this role please email the following to Ellie Spain: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. A cover letter explaining why you are suited to this role and the requirements laid out
2. A professional resume, including the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of two references
West London Track & Field promote Equal Opportunities and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, age, disability, gender, or any other protected status.