Ellie started her journey into Pole Vault in 1997. After an 11 year career as an athlete, which saw her represent Great Britain numerous times, she transferred to the world of Coaching & Teaching in 2008. Since then, Ellie has coached multiple athletes from a wide age range to championship winning performances at national level. She has also coached international guests from Germany, Switzerland, Poland & Canada, from periods of 6 months to 2 years.
Ellie is a Great Britain, and England Team Coach. She has served at the European Youth Championships for Team GB in 2016, the European Senior Team Championships in 2017, and been Team Coach England in various roles from 2014 onwards in the UK and Europe.
As well as her role at WLTF, Ellie is a Constulant with performance sport organsiations in the UK and USA. She currently works as Digitial Education Manger for ALTIS, and formerly worked as National Coach Mentor for England Athletics. She previously worked in the Education Sector in a teaching career spanning nearly a decade, which saw her gain a decade of pedagogical experience as a Teacher of PE, then Head of Athletic Development at Woking College, Surrey.
In addition to her experiences in Pole Vault, Ellie was a National medalist in Olympic Weightlifting (U63kg) and is passionate about Athletic Development and Strength & Conditioning. She has worked in a consultancy capacity with athletes from multiple sports including Rugby, Football, Olympic Weightlifting and other Track & Field disciplines.
- MSc Strength & Conditioning
- PGCE (QTLLS.) Qualified Teacher
- UK Athletics Qualified Jumps Coach
- UKSCA Accredited Strength & Conditioning Coach
- NSCA Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist
- BWLA Certified Olympic Weightlifting Coach
- VTCT Certified Sports Massage Therapist
- British Champion 2006
- British Junior Champion 2000
- Commonwealth Games Finalist 2006
- World Junior Championships Finalist 2000
- World Youth Championships 1999
- Numerous England & Great Britain International representative honours between 1999 and 2008.
Ellie is mentored by USA Master Coaches Dan Pfaff and Greg Hull. A massive thank you is extended to these great people for their continued time, energy, kindness, expertise and patience.